Welcome!

Glad you could join me. I'm stitching a life together bit by bit.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day Trip to San Miguel de Allende

During my trip to Queretaro, we did a day trip to San Miguel de Allende, about 45 minutes away by car.  This city is much loved by photographers, and I could see why.  I met an American who moved down there with his wife to write and do photography - what a life!

Breakfast at the hotel - great way to start the day!

 Mexico's highways - pretty good actually.

Almost like a bit of street racing in San Miguel.

Churches just like in Europe.

Wonderful old doors and handles.

 A step back in history.


Fill'er up.

Soft.

Reds, greys and black: a collection.


Spots of sun.

Basket sellers just as in Europe in the ages past.                                   Dragon sightings.                       

Delicious color. 

Modern cowboy.

Americano in Mexico.

                                            Me.                                                  My friend from S.F.

3 comments:

Reets said...

You are so giftedt at capturing the color of your travels.
Love the pics and info. No wonder you are such a good artist. thanks...travel on!

Janet said...

Hi Reets! Nice to see you. I love vivid color as you know. Of course, I love natural colors too. Traveling is so eye-opening.

JudyK said...

I so loove the colors! I wish I lived closer to go myself! I looked for a place to contact you and couldn't. I have a question and was wondering if you would email me.. keefe_judy@yahoo.com

I'm in most of Jude's classes, just so you don;t think I'm a spammer!