Welcome!

Glad you could join me. I'm stitching a life together bit by bit.

Friday, February 18, 2011

An ATC Exposion

I was out of town for 9 days to Queretaro, Mexico.  More about that soon.  

Its a big birthday month: today is my Birthday.  Happy Birthday also to Jude at Spirit Cloth, and to Mette and Sissel - my art friends in Santa Barbara, CA.

For the last 2 1/2 days, I've been working like crazy on my ATC cards for the Las Vegas Art and Soul trade.  Sally Jo finished hers yesterday, and I finished mine today.  We had started a few weeks ago by doing the water color back grounds.  Then we added layers of stamping.


These are Sally Jo's cards. She used gesso and a stencil to get the beautiful Japanese flowers. Then some torn foil paper with stamped Chinese words. A bit of gold leafing here and there for the final touch.


The theme this time was "In the Garden with Art and Soul".
Sally Jo had 3 themes: Garden Time, Dream Garden, and Steps to my Garden (with the numbers).


Here are her lovely water colored backs with the ATC info.


Here I am stitching the lace and birds on my cards.


I loved the variety of watercolor back grounds and playing with the stitching on the birds.



Some of our favorite birds and watercolor back grounds.







12 finished cards ready to ship to Marie in CA for the trade.
Each card was stitched to a back card done in watercolor and containing the ATC info.
The title of my cards: My French Garden.
Enjoy the flight little birds!  


3 comments:

Judy--- said...

hi janet---
this is my first time to visit your blog from the CWB workshop.
we have the same birthday! yesterday --& only one day removed from jude. aren't we the coolest!!!!
i do hope it was a good day for you ---& will be a wonderful year.

lulu moonwood murakami said...

WOW! You and Sally made the most beautiful ATCs! I'm sure anyone who got them was very impressed. I know I would feel honored to receive such a card!

Janet said...

Hey Lulu - I've got some planned for you!